Lorne Road, Clarendon Park, Leicester, LE2 1YH
Situated in the heart of the extremely popular area of Clarendon Park, on the outskirts of Leicester City Centre, we are thrilled to offer for sale this lovely Victorian terraced family home that provides bright and spacious accommodation throughout. Beautifully presented by the current owners, the property boasts a plethora of original features, including coved ceilings, picture rails wood floors and doors, stunning fireplaces, sash windows, a delightfully sunny rear garden, and also possesses Article 4 status.
Set back from the road, the property is approached via a low brick wall with access to a paved pathway, leading to the front door with glass panel above. Through the front door is the entrance hall with its spectacular original, colourful tiled floor. On the left is the dining room, which overlooks the front, with a deep bay window that allows the light to flood in. The centrepiece of the room is the fabulous cast iron fireplace with decorative tiles surrounding it and sitting on a tiled hearth with wood mantel above.
Further down the entrance hall is the second reception room, currently utilised as a delightful living room, which overlooks the garden and has a polished wood floor. A feature of this room is the traditional fireplace (currently blocked off) surrounded by original tiles on a tiled hearth and wood mantel above. On the left is access to the walk-in cupboard under the stairs.
At the rear of the property is the well-proportioned part tiled kitchen/breakfast room with a tiled floor. There is a range of wall, drawer and base units with work surfaces above, a single drainer, sink unit with mixer tap, a brushed steel oven and gas hob with a built-in extractor hood above, as well as space for a fridge/freezer and washing machine, and a part glazed door into the rear garden. At one end of the room is a simply stunning floor to ceiling cupboard unit in original pine that offers plenty of storage space, where you will find the Worcester Bosch boiler.
From entrance hall, carpeted stairs with handrail and wood bannisters take you to the first floor galleried landing, which provides access to the loft, three bedrooms and the wet room. Two of the double bedrooms have original wood floors and cast iron fireplaces with wood surround and mantel, with the principal bedroom benefiting from a stunning wooden window allowing light to flood the large room from the front. The rear bedroom has a cosy, homely feel and overlooks the private rear garden. The wet room has a white suite incorporating a low level WC, a pedestal wash hand basin, an enclosed shower unit with glass door and a heated towel rail.
To the front of the property is paved path to the door with a small garden. To one side is a wood door with trellis above which leads into the side access, with a further pedestrian gate into the rear garden.
Bordered by brick walls, the lovely and sunny garden has a paved path that takes you to several brick built outbuildings offering plenty of storage space and a small paved seating area. On the left is a good sized border full of well-established shrubs and there is another flower bed that is ready for planting.
The property has undergone renovation since bought by the current owner in 2018, including all slates on the roof having been replaced, new lead installed on the front bay window and the felt roof on the rear store rooms replaced.
This superb Victorian terraced house sits in the highly popular residential area of Clarendon Park, about a mile south of Leicester City Centre. It is a short walk to a wide variety of local convenience shopping, like the Central Co-Op Food, Queens Road with its superb range of trendy restaurants and bars, Koffee Klubb, Papa Frites, The Tiny Bakery, Halcyon Kitchen and The Clarendon, as well as Springfield Road Health Centre. Leicester City Centre provides a wider choice of shopping outlets, boutiques, cafes, as well as a broad selection of eateries and shopping opportunities.
The mainline rail station, which provides services to London St Pancras in around an hour, is nearby as is Leicester Royal Infirmary, an excellent choice of private and state schools, plus Leicester and De Montfort universities.
Viewings and Directions: Viewing by appointment only through the sole agent Oliver Rayns
Postcode for Sat Nav: LE2 1YH
PROPERTY BROCHURE DISCLAIMER
1. Particulars. These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements made by Oliver Rayns in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing (“information”) as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Oliver Rayns nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property and accordingly, any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller (“seller”) or lessor (“lessor”).
2. Photos, etc. The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximately only.
3. Regulations, etc. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct.
4. VAT. The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
5. Particulars, photographs, etc. Particulars dated August 2023. Photographs and floorplan dated August 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: whilst every care has been taken in preparing these particulars, details have been supplied by the Vendor/Agent/Developer. Oliver Rayns cannot be held responsible for any misstatement, error or omission.
Article 4 Status
Characterful Original Features Throughout
Maintained To A High Standard
Sought-After Residential Location
Ideal Family Home
Beautiful Victorian Terrace Home
Excellent Access Links To Universities And Hospitals
Offered For Sale With No Onward Chain
D Grade EPC