Mostyn, Guilford Road, Stoneygate, LE2
- Edwardian Semi-Detached Home
- Maintained To An Impeccably High Standard Throughout
- Five Bedrooms And Three Bathrooms
- Landscaped Rear Garden
- Stunning Period Features
- Walking Distance To Amenities And Schools
- Highly Sought-After Stoneygate Location
- Kitchen with Breakfast Room And Utility
This truly stunning substantial Edwardian home boasts a prominent position on one of Stoneygate's most sought-after tree-lined streets, Guilford Road. Mostyn has been maintained to a high standard throughout by the current owners, incorporating period features with contemporary modern design over three-storey accommodation including two reception rooms, fitted kitchen, large breakfast room with utility and WC on the ground floor, as well as an ensuite master bedroom, four further double bedrooms and two further bathrooms.
This family home, constructed in 1905 and famously boasting a Blue Heritage Plaque awarded by the City of Leicester to commemorate the Poet George Sutherland Fraser (1915-1980), who lived at the property from 1958-1980, offers a seamless fusion between period and modern styling; a wealth of period features including timber framed windows, decorative ceiling roses, coving, and dado rails allow character to ooze throughout the property, perfectly contrasted by contemporary fixtures and fittings, and classic flooring.
The wealth of accommodation offered is immediately present upon entering to be welcomed by an entrance porch, accessed via the original front door with leaded windows. The porch leads to a bright and spacious entrance hall, giving access to a handy cloakroom to one side, and to the other, the well-proportioned rooms come in the form of bay-fronted living room featuring carpeted flooring, a classy cast iron fireplace with mahogany surround, coving and dado rail, then to a beautiful dining room, equally with cast iron fireplace and mahogany surround, solid oak flooring and French doors leading to a picturesque private patio surrounded by plants and trees - perfect for a peaceful afternoon wind-down. The contemporary kitchen features wall and base units, granite worktops, a superb Rangemaster oven with gas hob above and space for a fridge/freezer. Beyond you can find a large breakfast room, offering ample space to dine or relax, and you can access the utility room and subsequent WC, while patio doors welcome in the rich garden space.
On the first floor, three double bedrooms are found; the bay-fronted main bedroom with solid oak flooring, cast-iron fireplace and bespoke original fitted wardrobe, leading to a lavish four-piece ensuite comprising a walk-in shower with ceramic tray, Jack-and-Jill sinks set atop individual bespoke vanity units, a heated towel rail, and WC. The second bedroom similarly offers a cast-iron fireplace and original fitted wardrobe, while enjoying views of the rear, and the third bedroom is located at the end of the home beyond a second utilitarian staircase from the kitchen, and these bedrooms share use of a gorgeous family bathroom with characterful corner windows, sink with vanity unit, heated towel rail and a separate WC.
Spacious accommodation continues on the second floor, with two further double bedrooms, one of which has integrated kitchen units with sink and drainer, and both with cast-iron fireplace, sharing a useful three-piece shower room to the front, and a large storage cupboard.
This delightful home offers a contemporary frontage with a new, fully-insulated roof, and is approached through attractive shrubbery surrounding the path to the front door. To the side, a gate leads to the passageway and rear garden, flanked by newly-fitted fencing which continues around the perimeter of the garden. The rear garden offers a highly private and serene space for relaxing consisting of decking, lawn and borders of mature trees and shrubbery, having been redesigned and landscaped in recent years and maintained immaculately.
Guilford Road is situated in the highly sought after suburb of Stoneygate, one and a half miles from the City Centre, offering a comprehensive range of local amenities including the nearby supermarkets and recreational facilities. Within walking distance are the ever-popular Allandale Road/Francis Street and Queens Road shopping parades which offer a wide variety of independent shops and boutiques. Leicester City Centre is situated a 10 minute drive away providing a broad selection of eateries and shopping opportunities including the Highcross Shopping Centre. There is a wide selection of renowned independent and state schooling in the area while the University of Leicester and Leicester Royal Infirmary are only a short walk/drive away. Access links to further afield are excellent with the A6 London Road found at the top of Guilford Road offering convenient access to the Leicester mainline train station which provides services to London St Pancras in a little over an hour.
Viewings and Directions: Viewing by appointment only through the sole agent Oliver Rayns
Postcode for Sat Nav: LE2 2RD
PROPERTY BROCHURE DISCLAIMER
1. Particulars. These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements made by Oliver Rayns in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing (“information”) as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Oliver Rayns nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property and accordingly, any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller (“seller”) or lessor (“lessor”).
2. Photos, etc. The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximately only.
3. Regulations, etc. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct.
4. VAT. The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
5. Particulars, photographs, etc. Particulars dated August 2023. Photographs and floorplan dated August 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: whilst every care has been taken in preparing these particulars, details have been supplied by the Vendor/Agent/Developer. Oliver Rayns cannot be held responsible for any misstatement, error or omission.